Saturday, August 25, 2018

I Am The Alphabet

Scripture: (King James Version)
Revelation 1:8
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

God is all sufficient.
He is enough.
He is all we need!
Amen?


The Greek does give the article.  It is "I am THE Alpha TO the Omega".......which signifies "completeness".  From beginning to end.......Jesus is not only Alpha and Omega....BUT, everything in between.  He is and was and is to come......The Almighty!

Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet and Omega is the last letter.  In English we say, "from A to Z".  In our language Jesus is saying, "I am A to Z.  I am the alphabet."  Four times He boldly declares this in The Book of Revelation.  He is the "Author and He is the Finisher".  Then He says, "I am the Way, I am the Truth, I am the Life".  He said, "I am the Door....I am the Bread of Life....I am the Water of Life....I am the Vine....I am the Shepherd....I am the Resurrection".  He is the Alpha and the Omega but over 115 times God speaks to us - He is everything in between.  Emmanuel (God with us)....the wonderful Counselor.  All of these speak to us about Gods ability to meet ALL of our needs.  He is the Prince of Peace....the everlasting Father....the Mighty God.

Let us dwell now upon these words where He in essence is saying, I AM THE ALPHABET.  As important as the alphabet is to our way of living, so vital is Jesus to our lives.  What would we do without the alphabet?  What would we do without Jesus?  Without the 26 letters of our alphabet there wold be no literature and very limited communication of any kind.  Think of the volume and volumes of literature; the thousands and thousands of tons of print that roll from our presses every day.  Think about it....without the alphabet we would not have the precious Word of God.  It is vital to our way of life.  Jesus is vital to our way of life.  "He that hath the Son hath life, He that hath not the Son hath not life." Praise God that the elder men of God, inspired of the Holy Spirit and with the use of the alphabet, were able to impart to us Gods message; Gods thinking and Gods love.


Why is Jesus the alphabet?  Because He embodies the speech and the expressions of God. By Him we know what God is like.  By His lips and His life we know the heart and the thinking of God our Heavenly Father.  The Bible is the written word of God.  Jesus is the living word of God.  He says, "I am the alphabet".  He is supreme!  He is the Alpha TO the Omega  Nothing was before Him, nothing will supersede Him.  Nothing can take His place.  He is ALL in ALL! In Him we live and move and have our being! One could never form words enough to fully describe His greatness.
"Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised".

There are only 26 letters in the alphabet, yet their combinations are inexhaustible.  The alphabet is inexhaustible in that it speaks of Christ.  Our Lord is a limitless fountain of wisdom and knowledge.  Love, power, truth, grace, mercy.....on and on we could go.  All that Jesus is to us and all that He provided for us is limitless and inexhaustible!

The alphabet is the key to all interchange of thought.          The same can be said of Jesus. Because of Him alone there is a two way communication between God and us.  God speaks to us through His Son.  Jesus said, "No man cometh to the Father but by me". 
                                                           
 
Jesus also said, 

   "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."  John 14: 13-14 

Thank God for sending Jesus.  Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.  It only takes 5 letters of the alphabet to spell out J-E-S-U-S.  But, oh the volumes and volumes of meanings in that wonderful name.  There is POWER in that name.  What does Jesus mean to you?

There is no tool in all the universe as versatile and adaptable as the alphabet.  Could anything better depict our Lord and His perfect adaptability in meeting our needs?  He says, "I am the alphabet".  There is enormous meaning in this.  Jesus is the beginning and the ending and everything in between!
Whenever there is a vacuum, He steps in to fill the void.
Only "HE" can do this.  We are a people with many many needs.  Praise be to God we have a Lord who is more than adequate to meet our every need.

Our Lord not only HAS the answer, He IS the answer!

He WAS...He IS...He is TO COME...the Almighty.

Yesterday He died for me
               Today He lives for me
                        Tomorrow He is coming for me.

He is not only King of the Jews and King of the Saints, He is the King of Kings!

Even so come Lord Jesus!

Are you ready for "His" coming?

No comments: